I brought these briefs with the other 2 varieties that are sold by Separatec. Here is an honest review of this particular brief.
1. Waist band: It is pretty wide, sits low, hence the low rise. Since it sits it is unlikely to roll up on you. The band is soft, and this type is my favorite since it does not roll up on most of the guys (unlike the models shown on the website). The band does not slip down and sits well just beneath your hips.
2. Pouch for the manhood: The pouch is roomy, can hold most average to above average sized manhood. The pouch can sits lower since this is low rise but, it does flatten the appearance to be less prominent than other models especially compared to the boxer briefs where it can be more enhanced. These are hence more suitable for dress pants. The pouch can be a little constricting if your manhood is little more than above average making it tighter.
3. Other pouch: can accommodate again most normal to above average testicles.
Both pouches are good for average showers and growers. If you are in below 10 percentile of the standard deviation, then it might be too big to stay put or too constricting. These are built for 80% population not the extremes.
4. The back side: The backside looks good for my fit. They don't provide as much coverage as the other model I brough (the bamboo rayon variety) and may cause a little wedgie as the pair ages. The boxer briefs I have don't cause any wedgies ever. I suspect these might but so do most briefs I have ever tried.
5. Material: Soft made of cotton modal blend. Particularly I am big fan of micro modal, modal, bamboo, modal-cotton blend, and then viscose and cotton in that order. The color does not fade. Modal and modal cotton blend don't tear as easily although the material feels thin and easily tearable. I have had the boxer brief modal cotton blend over a year and see no problems. The material wicks moisture and they don't stink like the microfibre ones. The fit especially for modal cotton blend remains the same as day number one. They feel soft, yet fit and hold everything in place.
6. Wear and tear: I have the boxer briefs from Separatec for over a year and have not observed any damages, holes, pilling, or loosening of the band. They fit great day 1 and they still fit well after over a year.
7. Pricing: For the 2 pairs of underwear I paid over 25$ because of the black friday deal. They can be expensive if not on sale. If you are worried about paying too much wait around for sale and get a great deal. For me if I am happy with the product, price is less of a consideration.
8. Packing and shipping: Was delayed by a few days probably due to black friday craze, but, it was ok. When you get these from Amazon they come in a much nice package and have better return policy.
Summary: These are the first pair of briefs I have gotten from them. I love, love their modal boxer briefs compared to the briefs that I brought but, if you are the brief kind of guy, these are pretty good.
The best fitting best feeling underwear I’ve ever worn.
Most comfortable underwear I have ever bought.
Best underwear I have bought. They are so soft and comfortable, even on a larger man like myself with a 40in. waist. The large size fits just right.
Great product super comfortable never going to wear another pair of underwear again.